||Ordered today before 17:00, delivered tomorrow.
Designed for professionals who need the highest quality recordings, the new Echo Meter Touch 2 PRO features a state-of-the-art ultrasonic microphone capable of sample rates of 256kHz and 384kHz, creating best-in-class, 16-bit full-spectrum recordings.
The updated Echo Meter Touch app for Android features pro-only options including adjustable gain and advanced trigger settings – and of course, the latest Kaleidoscope Pro auto-ID classifiers for bats species in North America, the UK, Europe, the Neotropics and South Africa.
Connect the PRO Ultrasonic Module to your device, and the app will activate advanced software features designed for professional biologists. Choose a sample rate of 256kHz or 384kHz. Control recording amplitude by selecting one of three gain settings. Set specific trigger length, trigger window, trigger sensitivity and auto-trigger time. You can also choose audio division ratio for RTE, heterodyne, and time-expansion listening modes. You can even enable/disable Nightly Sessions Mode and Real-Time ID.
Android device compatibility
The devices listed below are currently compatible with Echo Meter Touch 2 and Echo Meter Touch 2 Pro when running Android versions 6 or higher. Devices on this list (especially older ones) may not work with future versions of the Echo Meter Touch or may become incompatible with the current Echo Meter Touch 2 due to changes in the Android operating system. If a device is not listed, that means that we do not yet have enough information to know if it works correctly with the Echo Meter Touch 2 or not (including many that are running Android 6 or later). Newer devices (i.e. released within the last two years or so) are much more likely to work than older ones.
Check compatibilty here.
- Google Pixel and Pixel 2 (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- HTC 10 (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- Huawei P10
- Motorola Moto E4, G4, G4s Plus, G5, G5 Plus and G5s
- Some models will only work with the Echo Meter Touch 2 Pro at 256k sample rate.
- Nexus 5x (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- Samsung Galaxy A3 and A50
- Samsung Galaxy S6 and S7
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S9 (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- Sony Xperia XA
- Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- Google Pixel C (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- Nexus 7
- NVIDIA SHIELD K1
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A6, S2 and S3
The adapter can be bought at the Veldshop here.
- Motorola Moto G3 and G4 Play
- All Amazon Fire tablets. This might change in the future if Amazon updates the Fire OS such that it is based on a newer version of Android OS
Hit or Miss Devices:
Due to inconsistencies in these devices hardware or operating systems, they will either work perfectly or not recognize the module at all and we cannot predict which.
- -Oneplus 3 (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- -Samsung Galaxy S5
- -ASUS ZenPad 3S 10
- -Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7
USB Adapters and extensions:
Extension and adapter stubs:
- If you have a phone or tablet with a USB-C connector, you need an adapter stub. It is available at the Veldshop.
- If you have phone or tablet with a micro-USB connector but have a case that interferes with the EMT2, then you need a micro-USB extension stub or extension cable. Most brands will work, though we have had occasional reports of ones that don't, so you will have to test after purchase.
- To use the EMT2 at some distance from your phone or tablet, you need an extension cable.
- If your device has a USB-C connector, it is best to use an adapter stub described above and then use a USB-C extender cable (female USB-C to male USB-C). All such cables we have tested work fine.
- If your device has a micro-USB connector, then you need a micro-USB extension cable (female micro-USB to male micro-USB). Most brands will work, though we have had occasional reports of ones that don't, so you will have to test after purchase.