Designed for professionals who need the highest quality recordings, the new Echo Meter Touch 2 PRO features a state-of-the-art ultrasonic microphone capable of sampling or 256kHz and 384kHz, creating best-in-class, 16-bit full-spectrum recordings.
The updated Echo Meter Touch app for Android features pro-only options including adjustable gain and advanced trigger settings - and of course, the latest Kaleidoscope Pro auto-ID classifiers for bats species in North America, the UK, Europe, the Neotropics and South Africa .
Connect the PRO Ultrasonic Module to your device, and the app will activate advanced software features designed for professional biologists. Choose a sample rate of 256kHz or 384kHz. Control recording amplitude by selecting one of three gain settings. Set trigger trigger length, trigger window, trigger sensitivity and auto-trigger time. You can also choose the audio division ratio for RTE, heterodyne, and time-expansion listening modes. You can also enable / disable Nightly Sessions Mode and Real-Time ID.
Android device compatibility
The devices listed below are compatible with Echo Meter Touch 2 and Echo Meter Touch 2 Pro when running Android versions 6 or higher. Devices on this list (especially older ones) Echo Meter Touch or may become incompatible with the current Echo Meter Touch 2 due to changes in the Android operating system. If a device is not listed, that means that we do not have enough Echo Meter Touch 2 or not (including many that are running Android 6 or later). Newer devices (ie released within the last two years or so) are much more likely to work than older ones.
Check compatibilty here.
- -Google Pixel and Pixel 2 (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- -HTC 10 (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- -Huawei P10
- -Motorola Moto E4, G4, G4s Plus, G5, G5 Plus and G5s
- Some models will only work with the Echo Meter Touch 2 Pro at 256k sample rate.
- -Nexus 5x (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- -Samsung Galaxy A3
- -Samsung Galaxy S6 and S7
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S9 (requires female micro USB to male USB-C adapter)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (requires female micro USB to male USB-C adapter)
- -Sony Xperia XA
- -Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact (requires female micro USB to male USB-C adapter)
- -Google Pixel C (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- -Nexus 7
- -NVIDIA SHIELD K1
- -Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and S3
The adapter can be bought at the Veldshop here .
- -Motorola Moto G3 and G4 Play
- -All Amazon Fire tablets. This might change in the future if Amazon updates the Fire OS such that it is based on a newer version of Android OS
Hit or Miss Devices:
Due to inconsistencies in these hardware or operating systems devices, they will work perfectly and not at all.
- -Oneplus 3 (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- -Samsung Galaxy S5
- -ASUS ZenPad 3S 10
- -Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7
USB Adapters and extensions:
Extension and adapter stubs:
- -If you have a phone or tablet with a USB-C connector, you need an adapter stub. It is available at the Veldshop .
- -If you have a phone or tablet with a micro-USB connector, you can use the EMT2, then you need a micro-USB extension or extension cable. Most brands will work, although we have had occasional reports or ones that do not, so you will have to test after purchase.
- -To use the EMT2 at some distance from your phone or tablet, you need an extension cable.
- -If your device has a USB-C connector, it is best to use an adapter stub described above and then use a USB-C extender cable (female USB-C to male USB-C). All such cables we have tested work fine.
- -If your device has a micro-USB connector, then you need a micro-USB extension cable (female micro-USB to male micro-USB). Most brands will work, although we have had occasional reports or ones that do not, so you will have to test after purchase.