What are cookies?
Session cookies (2) – these allow the Website to link your actions during a browser session. They may be used for a variety of purposes such as remembering what you have put in your shopping basket as you browse the Website. These session cookies expire after a browser session so would not be stored long term.
Persistent cookies (3) – these are stored on a user's device in between browser sessions which allows the preferences or actions of the user across a site (or in some cases across different websites) to be remembered. Persistent cookies may be used for a variety of purposes including remembering users’ preferences and choices when using a site.
The cookies we use enable us:
• to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
• to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
• to speed up your searches; and
• to recognise you when you return to our Website.
Where we store your personal data
Our site is accessible via the internet and so may potentially be accessed by anyone around the world. Other users may access the site from outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). This means that where you choose to post your data on our site, it could be accessed from anywhere around the world and therefore a transfer of your data outside of the EEA may be deemed to have occurred. You consent to such transfer of your data for and by way of this purpose.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. To the extent that carrying out such obligations necessitates us disclosing your personal information to agents, contractors or other third parties involved in the performance of contracts entered into between you and us, you agree and consent to such disclosure.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• In order to comply with any of our legal and regulatory obligations.
• Veldshop.nl newsletters are 'opt-in' which means that you will not be sent any newsletters unless you specifically request them. Our newsletters also contain simple instructions for quickly discontinuing your subscription should you wish to do so.