- Inclusief 9% btw: €64,24
- Exclusief btw: €58,94
- Gratis verzending in Nederland vanaf €35,-
- Op werkdagen voor 17:00 uur besteld? Zelfde dag verzonden!
- Niet goed? Geld terug
- We denken graag met u mee!
|Auteurs||John Stanisic, Darryl Potter & Lorelle Stanisic|
|Formaat||149 x 215 x 13 mm|
|Jaar van uitgave||2022|
Australia's native land snails are an often-overlooked invertebrate group that forms a significant part of terrestrial biodiversity, with an estimated 2500 species present in Australia today.
A Guide to Land Snails of Australia is an overview of Australia's native and introduced land snail faunas, offering a greater understanding of their role in the natural environment. The book presents clear diagnostic features of live snails and their shells, and is richly illustrated with a broad range of Australia's native snail, semi-slug and slug species. Comprehensive coverage is also included of the many exotic species introduced to Australia.
In a unique bioregional approach, the reader is taken on a trek through some of Australia's spectacular regional landscapes, highlighting their endemic and special snail faunas. This section is supplemented with key localities where species can be found.
Preface: A snail whisperer's odyssey
1. The discovery and study of Australia’s native land snails
2. Land snail form and function
3. Land snail behaviour
4. Snails in the environment
5. Identification of land snails
6. Australian native land snail families
7. Snails introduced to Australia
8. Regional land snail faunas
9. Collecting land snails
10. Human uses of land snails
Appendix: Classification of Australia's land snails
Er zijn nog geen reviews geschreven over dit product..