||Vandaag voor 17:00 besteld, morgen in huis.
Wildlife Acoustics designed the original Echo Meter Touch for bat professionals, but quickly realized that bat hobbyists were interested too – but not with the professional price tag. Echo Meter Touch 2 changes that by offering many of the features previously available only to professionals – at less than half the price.
Now, every bat enthusiast can use their android phone or android tablet to discover, identify and study all the bats in their area. They can listen, record, and share. They even get the same automatic species ID features as the pros. It's fun, educational, and now – very affordable.
Plug the Echo Meter Touch Ultrasonic Module into your Android device, then download the free app and you'll be ready to detect bats. You can listen, record and view ultrasonic echolocation calls – all displayed on a colorful, interactive spectrogram. Echo Meter Touch 2 suggests the most likely species being detected, and you can save and share your recordings.
Android device compatibility
The devices listed below are currently compatible with Echo Meter Touch 2 and Echo Meter Touch 2 Pro when running Android versions 6 or higher. Devices on this list (especially older ones) may not work with future versions of the Echo Meter Touch or may become incompatible with the current Echo Meter Touch 2 due to changes in the Android operating system. If a device is not listed, that means that we do not yet have enough information to know if it works correctly with the Echo Meter Touch 2 or not (including many that are running Android 6 or later). Newer devices (i.e. released within the last two years or so) are much more likely to work than older ones.
Check compatibility here
- -Google Pixel and Pixel 2 (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- -HTC 10 (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- -Huawei P10
- -Motorola Moto E4, G4, G4s Plus, G5, G5 Plus and G5s
- Some models will only work with the Echo Meter Touch 2 Pro at 256k sample rate.
- -Nexus 5x (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- -Samsung Galaxy A3
- -Samsung Galaxy S6 and S7
- -Samsung Galaxy S8 and S9 (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- -Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- -Sony Xperia XA
- -Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- -Google Pixel C (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- -Nexus 7
- -NVIDIA SHIELD K1
- -Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and S3
The adapter can be bought at the Veldshop here.
- -Motorola Moto G3 and G4 Play
- -All Amazon Fire tablets. This might change in the future if Amazon updates the Fire OS such that it is based on a newer version of Android OS
Hit or Miss Devices:
Due to inconsistencies in these devices hardware or operating systems, they will either work perfectly or not recognize the module at all and we cannot predict which.
- -Oneplus 3 (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- -Samsung Galaxy S5
- -ASUS ZenPad 3S 10
- -Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7
USB Adapters and extensions:
Extension and adapter stubs:
- -If you have a phone or tablet with a USB-C connector, you need an adapter stub. It is available at the Veldshop.
- -If you have phone or tablet with a micro-USB connector but have a case that interferes with the EMT2, then you need a micro-USB extension stub or extension cable. Most brands will work, though we have had occasional reports of ones that don't, so you will have to test after purchase.
- -To use the EMT2 at some distance from your phone or tablet, you need an extension cable.
- -If your device has a USB-C connector, it is best to use an adapter stub described above and then use a USB-C extender cable (female USB-C to male USB-C). All such cables we have tested work fine.
- -If your device has a micro-USB connector, then you need a micro-USB extension cable (female micro-USB to male micro-USB). Most brands will work, though we have had occasional reports of ones that don't, so you will have to test after purchase.