||Out of stock
||Delivery time on request
Special Launch Offer till August. Arrives early September.
||Josep del Hoyo
||24 × 31 cm
||Colour illustrations and distribution maps
For the first time ever, you can contemplate All the Birds of the World together in a single easy-to-use, fully illustrated volume. Created for a broad public, from novice birders to expert ornithologists and anyone interested in the spectacular diversity of birds, this book has something for everyone.
- Presents every taxon accepted as a species by any of the four major world lists: 11,524 in total.
- 20,865 illustrations covering sexual dimorphism, morphs and many distinctive subspecies.
- 11,558 distribution maps, with notes on altitudinal ranges.
- All 3313 one-country endemic species marked.
- IUCN/BirdLife International conservation status given.
- Taxonomic treatment by the four major world lists indicated and compared for each species.
- Nomenclatural discrepancies explained.
- All English and scientific names from eBird included.
- QR codes for instant access to videos, photos and sound recordings, species-by-species.
- Checkboxes for personal record-keeping.
- All species known to have become extinct since the year 1500 presented separately in their own appendix.
- A 37-page world atlas of colour reference maps, with relevant details of interest to birders and ornithologists.
- The easiest and most enjoyable way to browse through all the birds of the world.