||Pete Dunne & Kevin T. Karlson
||Princeton University Press
This unique photographic field guide to North America's gulls provides a comparative approach to identification that concentrates on the size, structure, and basic plumage features of gulls-gone are often-confusing array of plumage details found in traditional guides.
With hundreds of color photos throughout, Gulls Simplified illustrates the variations of gull plumages for a variety of ages, giving readers strong visual reference points for each species. Extensive captions in the photos, which include comparative photo arrays, digitized photo arrays for each age group and your species. This one-of-a-kind guide contains detailed species accounts and a distribution map for each gull.
An essential field companion for North American birders, Gulls Simplified reduces the confusion, associated with gull identification, offering a more user-friendly way of observing these marvelous birds.
- Provides a simpler approach to gull identification
- Features of color photos for easy comparison among species
- Includes detailed captions that explain identification criteria and aging, with direct visual reinforcement above the captions
- Combines plumage details with a focus on size, body shape, and structural features for easy identification in the field
- Highlights important field marks and physical features for each gull