- Free shipping in the Netherlands from € 35, -
- Ordered before 5 p.m. on working days? Shipped the same day!
- 14-day money back guarantee
- We are happy to think along!
Complete your order
|Authors||Carlos Rojas & Steven L. Stephenson|
|Size||153 x 229 x 35 (mm)|
|Images||Colour images and illustrations|
|Year published||2nd edition 2021|
Myxomycetes: Biology, Systematics, Biogeography and Ecology, second edition provides a complete collection of general and technical information on myxomycetes microorganisms. Its broad scope takes an integrated approach, considering a number of important aspects surrounding their genetics and molecular phylogeny. The book treats myxomycetes as a distinct group from fungi and includes molecular information that discusses systematics and evolutionary pathways. Written and developed by an international team of specialists, this second edition contains updated information on all aspects of myxomycetes. It incorporates relevant and new material on current barcoding developments, plasmodial network experimentation, and non-STEM disciplinary assimilation of myxomycete information.
This book is a unique and authoritative resource for researchers in organismal biology and ecology disciplines, as well as students and academics in biology, ecology, microbiology, and similar subject areas.
Introduction / Steven L. Stephenson and Carlos Rojas
1. The Myxomycetes: Introduction, Basic Biology, Life Cycles, Genetics, and Reproduction / Harold W. Keller, Sidney E. Everhard and Courtney M. Kilgore
2. The History of the Study of Myxomycetes / Bruce Ing and Steven L. Stephenson
3. The Phylogeny of Myxomycetes / Dmitry V. Leontyev and Martin Schnittler
4. The Barcoding of Myxomycetes / Oleg Shchepin
5. Genomics and Gene Expression in Myxomycetes / Dennis Miller, Ramesh Padmanabhan and Subha N. Sarcar
6. Molecular Techniques and Current Research Approaches / Laura Walker, Margaret Silliker and Thomas Hoppe
7. Physiology and Biochemistry of Myxomycetes / Qi Wang, Yu Li and Pu Liu
8. Taxonomy and Systematics: Current Knowledge and Approaches on the Taxonomic Treatment of Myxomycetes / Carlos Lado and Uno Eliasson
9. Ecology and Distribution of Myxomycetes / Yura Novozhilov, Adam W. Rollins and Martin Schnittler
10. Biogeographical Patterns in Myxomycetes / Martin Schnittler, Nikki H.A. Dagamac and Yura Novozhilov
11. Techniques for Recording and Isolating Myxomycetes / Diana Wrigley de Basanta and Arturo Estrada-Torres
12. Integrated Biology of Physarum polycephalum: Ultrastructure, cell biology, cellular cognition and behavior of plasmodial networks / Christina Oettmeier and Hans-Günther Döbereiner
13. Uses, Applications and Disciplinary Integration using Myxomycetes / Hanh T.M. Tran, Carlos Rojas and Tatyana Krivomaz
14. Myxomycetes in Education: The Use of These Organisms in Promoting Active and Engaged Learning / Solange Xavier dos Santos, Diana Wrigley de Basanta, Thomas de la Cruz and Katherine E. Winsett
There are no reviews written yet about this product..