||Ordered today before 17:00, delivered tomorrow.
||Graeme Cresswell, Dylan Walker, Todd Pusser
||Princeton University Press
|Year of publication
This is the first comprehensive photographic guide to the marine mammals of the North American Pacific (from Baja California in Mexico to southeast Alaska), featuring stunning color photographs of all 39 species of whales, dolphins, and porpoises, as well as 6 species of seals and sea lions, and the sea otter.
- Provides detailed information on all 39 species of whales, dolphins, and porpoises, the 6 species of seals and sea lions, and the sea otter, focusing on identification, behavior, and distribution
- Includes 45 remarkable color plates showing typical views of marine mammals as most people see them--from land or from a boat. These have been produced using the latest digital image technology, and include photographs of some species that have never before been published
- Features a comprehensive section on behavior, packed with amazing photographs, which aims to help the reader get more out of their whale-watching experience than ever before
- Also includes detailed sections on where, when, and how to go whale watching, and four accounts by leading experts of outstanding days on the water
- Easy-to-use format helps whale-watchers identify any species they encounter, whether they are a beginner or an expert