When mapping the epiphytic lichens, the idea of a light-outfitted magnifying glass was born. The combination of lichenology and engineer enabled the development of a prototype, which was further developed and is now produced in series. Lichen Candelaris is used by biologists and Research Institutes around the world and has proved its loyalty under the most extreme outdoor conditions.
- Optics/Enlargement: x10, Ø = 19 mm - x14, Ø = 19 mm
- Optics: Dust and waterproof, shock and impact resistant by embedding in silicone
- Illumination: two high intensity diffused LEDs, 60° offset (brightness ≈ 5 cd). Color temperature: neutral white ≈ 5500 ° K, (optional cold white)
- Highly efficient electronics for constant light intensity over the entire battery life, in the temperature range from -20 to + 60 ° C
- Operating time: > 5000 light pulses of 10 sec. duration, low power consumption and very long lifetime
- Power supply: 3pcs. 3V Lithium Batteries (CR 2023). Battery indicator lights up before need of battery change (remaining cap. 500 pulses)
- Ergonomic, hard anodized, scratch-resistant aluminum housing, splash-proof (IP65): L = 70mm, W = 26mm, H = 25mm, weight: 76 gr.
- Robust and durable design: Designed and proven for extreme conditions (Antarctic, Rainforest). Countersunk tactile switch with guaranteed
10 million switching cycles at -20 to + 60 ° C
- Contains of the delivery: Magnifying glass, 2 pcs. Lanyards, 3 pcs. CR2032 Li-Batteries for Your first replacement, screw driver, user notes, chocolate
- Swiss Made and 4 years warranty, full service: all parts are exchangeable during a repair
- Sustainability & Environment: Housing produced by a company with high social responsibility, ecological packaging, batteries recyclable
Enlargement & depth of focus
Due to optical principles, the field of view and the depth of focus decrease with rising magnification. For the application in Botany/Bryology/Geology/Lichenology/Mycology x10 or x14 are optimal.
| ||Optic diameter||Field of view||Distance optics - object||Remarks|
|x10||19 mm||≈ 13 mm||ca. 20 mm||Absolut Wasser- & staubdicht verklebt|
|x14||19 mm||≈ 10 mm||ca. 15 mm||Space between the lenses: air, 99% waterproof|
Light temperature & color reproduction
The color temperature (unit of measurement: Kelvin ° K) is a measure of the color impression of a light
source. In the case of the illuminated magnifying glass, the color reproduction depends on natural ambient light and / or on the emitted color spectrum
of the LED light source. Lichen candelaris® is equipped with neutral white light (≈ 5500 ° K), which results in a natural color rendering.